Addressing the needs of individuals living with mental illness and promoting the overall mental health of all Americans has been the focus of Mental Health America (MHA) since it was founded in 1909 – and the collaboration of change agents is needed now more than ever to help protect mental health initiatives. With potential threats to Medicaid, the national opioid epidemic, and proposed reduction of funding to SAMHSA, organizations of all sizes must continue to develop ways to connect resources. To assist in this effort, MHA has established an Associate Member Network to collaborate with other like-minded organizations.
Who Are MHA's Associate Members?
- Associate members are organizations whose mission supports and/or reflects MHA’s mission and Before Stage 4 philosophy
- Membership is open to for-profit and non-profit organizations, community-based behavioral health providers, as well as other professions and fields
Reasons To Be An Associate Member
- Members receive trackable custom links to MHA’s online Mental Health Screening Tools (which collect over 3,000 screens daily have provided over 4,000,000 total mental health screens to date) (www.mhascreening.org)
- Members may have an opportunity to be listed on MHA’s Screening 2 Supports (S2S) platform at no additional cost, allowing those who take screens to locate and connect with them for treatment/care
- Invitations to Regional Policy Council meetings at no additional cost
- Access the full list of benefits here!
Associate membership annual dues are $500 for non-profit organizations, and $1,000 for all other organizations.
Applications can be submitted at any time of the year. MHA reserves discretion in approving applications. Associate membership status is effective for 1 year after final approval.You will receive an invoice each year when it is time to renew your membership.
For More Information
For more information on the Associate Membership program, contact MHA’s Partnerships & Community Outreach department.